Re: Line width

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: Line width
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:34:53 -0600

On 6/20/04 10:51 PM, "Walter Hofmeister" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am trying to set the width of the lines of music that Lilypond
> produces. I am sure that this has worked for me in previous versions but now
> it seems to have no effect. The manual says:
>
> "The most basic settings influencing the spacing are 'indent' and
> 'linewidth'. They are set in the \paper block. They control the indentation
> of the first line of music, and the lengths of the lines."
>
> There are no examples of these two parameters. The head of my .ly file looks
> like this:
>
> \version "2.2.0"
> \include "english.ly"
>
> \paper{
>
>                indent = 5 \mm
>                linewidth = 185 \mm
>                interscoreline = 36 \pt
>                pagenumber=no
>              }
>

> Does this look OK? Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have tried
> numverous sizes and it has made no difference. I have checked several files
> in the Mutopia folder that is installed with Lilypond and it appears that my
> line is correct. Copying and pasting the line from other files has also
> produced no change in the line width. Anybody?
>
> Walter HOfmeister

I solved the problem. I had a line in the \paper block that I deleted from
my above example because I did not think it was relevant. The line was:
 #(set-paper-size "letter")

I had been experimenting with getting the page size to work and this line is
the one recommended in the manual but the one that actually worked was:
papersize = "letter"

Which is the old way of doing it no?
I also forgot to mention that I am using Lilypond 2.2.0 on Mac OS X.

Sorry for the band width.

Walter Hofmeister