Re: Non-justified plainchant (Gregorian and modern notation)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Non-justified plainchant (Gregorian and modern notation)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:42:53 +0200

Sorry, now I realize what you mean. Extending the staff lines turns out
to be a fairly simple exercise, however I have not managed to place the
custos at the end of the line.

\score{
  \new Staff \notes\relative c'{
    c d e f g a b c c b a g f e d c
    c d e f g a b c c b a g f e d c
    c d e f g a b c c b a g f e d c
  }

  \paper{
    raggedright = ##t
    \context {
      \StaffContext
      \consists Custos_engraver
      \override StaffSymbol #'width = #'105

The example Jan refered to can be found at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/examples.html

   /Mats

Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
Ragged right does not extend the staff lines to the end of the page. This is important even for the last line of music (after the last \finalis). In addition, the custos must be right-justified.

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Have you tried
\paper{ raggedright = ##t}
See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-layout.html#Page%20layout

   /Mats

Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:

I do quite of bit of engraving in plainchant, both modern and Gregorian. I have not discovered a layout mode which does not justify the music on each line. In plainchant, the staff lines should extend to the end of each line, but the actual notes and text should be spaced and engraved as if it were left-justified (except for the

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology