Re: What did I messed out?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: What did I messed out?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:53:55 +0200

You probably have some environment variable setting in your
windows installation that causes the problems. I guess it's something
related to some other TeX installation on your machine. If you cannot
find it out yourself, Open the Cygwin command window, run the command
set > variables.log
and send a copy of the c:\cygwin\home\<yourname>\variables.log file.

   /Mats

Joshua Koo wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions.

I upgraded Lilypond, I installed teTex, I deleted and reinstall cygwin but I
still get this msg

$ lilypond cello.ly
lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.2
Running lilypond-bin...
Now processing `cello.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Fonts have not been installed properly.  Aborting

lilypond: error: LilyPond failed on input file cello (exit status 1)
lilypond: warning: Running LilyPond failed. Rerun with --verbose for a trace.

Joshua

1st problem: I trying the view on DVI output on windows and to try the point and click. I try a few viewers, one of the jdvi for jedit. However, what I see is only the barlines, and slight lines the beams.

Something to do with PK fonts? I try playing with mktexmf.

first run dvips without lilypond.map like this:

dvips myScore.dvi

That way the pk fonts that are necessary for dvi viewers are generated.

How do I solve the situation I'm in? I dont feel like reinstalling Cygwin or Lilypond again.

Don't reinstall lily but install the latest version (2.2.2 if it comes
available at your favourite mirror). Perhaps this way your installation
problem get fixed.
If not, try to reinstall tetex

Bert

        Mats Bengtsson