Midi output vs. paper output

From: Randall J Elzinga
Subject: Midi output vs. paper output
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 13:07:50 -0400

Hello lilypond users,

I have recently installed the windows version of lilypond. I have a couple of questions that I cannot find answers to in the available documentation.

Is there a way to have repeats unfolded in midi output, but not unfolded in the paper output (other than running lilypond twice, once for the midi, and once, after altering the document, for the paper)?

Also, when I choose to output only midi, the lilypond complains about the lack of a document to make pdf from. Is this a bug or a feature?

Randy.