Re: Newbie starting up

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Newbie starting up
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:46:07 +0200

Hendrik wrote:

Second: I already have a running TeX-system, MiKTeX, (I'm using W2k), but
Cygwin installed TeTeX too, which I find a bit superfluous.  Can I tell
Lilypond to use the MiKTeX installation, and uninstall TeTeX?

No, not in practice! Actually, we used such a solution many years ago,
but it caused lots of problems, so as soon as teTeX became available
in cygwin we moved to the current solution. The problem is twofold,
TeX/LaTeX has to find the LilyPond fonts and header files and LilyPond
has to find font metrics files from the TeX installation.
Since disk space is cheap nowadays, I don't think it's a big deal.

Third: for LaTeX, I use TeXnicCenter.  I it possible to configure it so that
I can type Lilypond files in it, and compile (I see a possibility with
output profiles, but then lily-wins should work in the windows command
prompt too, which it doesn't seem to do).  Any suggestions?

Sound reasonable.

   /Mats