Miscellaneous quesiotns

From: LEGRAND Jean-Marc
Subject: Miscellaneous quesiotns
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:32:05 +0200

Hi everybody !
Bonjour tout le monde !

Very glad to reach this mailing list : I've beginning with Lilypond2.0 since 3
months, and
discovered some tricks on my own, but I still very depend on what you know
about it ! So, a few
questions :

1. I'd like to edit some of my music in lanscape layout : what should I do ?
2. I'd like to use ancient musical object in baroque music (I'm "lilyponding"
Marin MARAIS pieces
for the viol), that don't appear in Lilypond libraries. How can I create my own
libraries ? (just
like in FIANLE, where you can get such issue) ?
3. I'm looking around to produce cheap musical edition, especially in baroque
music, which is very
expensive. I'm thinking about a Handbook like edition. Am I allowed to use
Lilypond for commercial
purposes ?

And now, a trick :

I couldn't manage to include properly grace notes without messing up the
general page layout (pb
with length of measures). To avoid this, I indicate
\property Score.timing = ##f  in the \note block and put the bars where I want,
regardless the real
length of my measures. It's very usefull with ancient music, where the global
beat was not always
respected. I've not tested yet, but I think that doesn't match the MIDI
behavior at all !

Au revoir !