Re: Font substitutions

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: Re: Font substitutions
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 07:33:22 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Doug Asherman wrote:
>
>> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>>> Since LilyPond uses low-level TeX commands to select the font, make sure
>>> that it works in a LaTeX file similar to the following one:
>>>
>> [ code snippet deleted ]
>>

>> Thanks; that does seem to be the problem, or at least part of it.
>> Perhaps I'm not creating all the font elements correctly.
>

> Rather, I would guess that you don't specify the same font name
> as you get when you use the font in LaTeX. Try to figure out exactly
> what font file is selected when you use the font in LaTeX (I hope I
> remember correctly that it worked well in LaTeX).

Ok. The commands:

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{bco}

and

\font\myfont = bcor8r scaled 1000

seem to be equivalent; that is, they both give me the same font when I run pdflatex on .tex file.

So, shouldn't

\context {
  \LyricsContext
  \override LyricText #'font-name = #"bcor8r"
}

give me the same font?

It works in the .dvi file, but is replaced by Courier in the .ps and .pdf files. Even running it manually through dvips produces the same result.

Thanks for your help in this; you've helped me to understand a few TeX-specific things.

Doug