windows lilypond

From: Anna and Ken
Subject: windows lilypond
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 13:09:50 -0400

I wrote you yesterday about missing dll files.  I have solved most of that, but
I still have many problems.

I think that lilypond may well be the best music writing program to date, at
any price.  I just wish we could get it working.

I have downloaded from your site and installed/reinstalled about 7 times now,
so I know that's not the problem.

All files are on your site except the doc file right? I checked them against
the list in the website.  And the doc file is not needed to make the program
run?

On completion of cygwin installation I got a missing cygintl-1.dll error
message.  I have no idea if, once this file is supplied, other missing dll
errors will then be discovered.

When I run lilypond-bin.exe, I get a quickly closing window that just gives a
quick intro. But it includes options like the ones listed on the
gatting-started page in the website.

When I run a cygwin bash shell, it fails to recognize either "lilypond", or
"help" as a valid command.

When I double click the "test.ly" file, or the file I made through the denemo
front end, I get a little window that says "python not found".  Since python is
in there, and running, I wonder if they mean something contained in the python
folder within the lilypond folder.  This folder is empty.  Could the problem be
as simple as a packaging error?

If it is a packaging error, I'd appreciate it if I could just get the missing
file, or if you'd let me know when the package is fixed.  I'm saving all the
files downloaded so far.  I really hope this this thing can be gotten to work.

As I said in my previous message, there can be no test.log file in the floder
that holds the test.ly file, since that is not a folder, but a document.  If
you mean that the file should be generated as the program is run, it never has
been.

Thanks for whatever you can do.

Ken Behrens