Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup

From: Oddgeir Finstad
Subject: Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup
Date: 28 Apr 2004 15:24:42 +0200

søn, 2004-04-18 kl. 23:14 skrev Erik Sandberg:
> On Sunday 18 April 2004 22.22, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > > But then, just for the
> > > experiment, I deleted that file and pasted your input into Emacs.
And
> > > the file compiled neatly. I lost the r in"g\aa r",though, and
that's
> > > part of the original problem.
> >
> > Ah, maybe you should use quotes: "g\aa r"
>
> btw, "d\o {}" doesn't seem to be necessary. Just "d\o" works fine for
me.
> i.e.
>             Han f\o -- rer d\o {} - dens s\aa g\aa r
> should be
>             Han f\o -- rer d\o -- dens s\aa "g\aa r"
>
> Erik

Thanks to everybody for your help with my problem. I've managed to solve
it for now, using your suggestions. In addition to that, I think I've
learned a little bit more about my system - i.e. I have found out that
SOMETHING obviously is missing, but not WHAT, except that my
LaTex-installation does not cope with Latin1.

Oddgeir