Re: Screwed-Up MIDI

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: Re: Screwed-Up MIDI
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:24:01 +0200

On fre, 2004-02-06 at 18:41 -0500, Will Oram wrote:
> I've been working on an orchestral score for a few months now, and it
> sounds great on MIDI. Just today I made a few tweaks to establish a new
> \global. Now when I play generated MIDIs, it sounds fine...except for
> one voice, solo violin. Instead of sounding like a violin, it uses
> gunshots, and the timing is off. Looking at the score, you'd think
> nothing changed from before.

I've reported this twice, so you're not alone. :)

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2001-09/msg00052.html
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-11/msg00045.html

I just wish I had the time to look into this more. Maybe you can work
something out from the answers I got.

Regards,

        Martin