Repeat bars don't connect

From: Marcel Bollmann
Subject: Repeat bars don't connect
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:40:14 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

In a piano piece which I am typesetting, there is a repeat bar which
starts at the beginning of a line. LilyPond, however, doesn't connect the
repeat bars of the two piano staves in this case (in all other cases, it
works just fine). I'm using LilyPond 2.2.0.

Here is a short example which produces the described output:

% --SNIP--
\version "2.2.0"
\score{
\context PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \notes {c'2 c'|c' c'| \break
     \repeat volta 2 {e' e'|e' e'} }
  \new Staff \notes {\clef bass c2 c | c c | e e | e e}

\paper { }
}
% --SNIP--

Trying to add the connection manually using
  \override Score.SpanBar #'glyph = #'".|"
places the desired connection at the end of the previous line.

Am I doing something wrong? Could this be a bug? Or are repeat bars just
not supposed to be at the beginning of a line? (Like I said, the sheet
music I'm typesetting has them exactly there.)

Thanks,
- Marcel

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL