LilyPond doesn't work. Help please?

From: Frank D
Subject: LilyPond doesn't work. Help please?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:20:30 -0400

Gentlemen,

I just downloaded and _thought_ I installed LilyPond on my PC (Windows XP Pro,
700-MHz). It took about an hour and a half with a 56-K Modem.

However, I have no test.log and the test.ly file did not open.

Obviously I did not install the LilyPond package correctly (or at all). I
believe I've followed the procedure correctly, but it doesn't work. I can find
no "install.exe" file or similar file, so I'm stumped.

Can you help me? Thank you.

Frank C. Dauenhauer