Re: lyqi

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: lyqi
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 03:16:56 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:02:52 -0700, Paul a dit :
(snip)

>> > With language english and octaves relative 'e' gives me a sharp ('s')
> and 'i' gives me a flat ('f').  Since 'is' is sharp and 'es' is flat
> in several languages that seems reversed.
> What key do you use to cancel a flat or sharp?

> I just downloaded it following instructions on his web site but now I
> see I *do* have an earlier version.  Examining that lisp code the
> error is clear but I will install a newer version and see what happens.

> Ok  I see that I haven't correctly installed the newer version which
> indeed does have this bug fixed.

I am currently working again on lyqi (adding support of chords among
other things). It's not ready yet; but it will be cleaner (easier to
extend) than the available version. I have then no objection of
letting it go and join LilyPond-mode...
Either way it's great. Among other things lyqi is a great compromise between Lily's way of entering pitches and those of other music programs. I am usually copying music to rearrange it and often forget to add a flat or sharp because there is not one on the note I am currently looking at to copy even it is in the key signature which is not where my eye is at the moment. lyqi "sort of" remembers the key signature.

Thanks for your work,

Paul