Re: 2 Questions: spacing-increment and bar numbers

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: 2 Questions: spacing-increment and bar numbers
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:07:12 -0500

On Mar 24, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:

I am using Lilypond 2.1.28 on Mac OS X 10.3.2.  I can't manually set
the horizontal spacing of my music.  The example given in the
reference manual,

   \paper { \translator  {
\ScoreContext SpacingSpanner \override #'spacing-increment = #3.0
   } }

does not work for me.  I also tried putting a \set before
"SpacingSpanner" and removing the \override, but neither of these
seemed to work.

Can you try printing your piece with raggedright, to check if the
"natural" space is made bigger?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want me to use the code fragment I provided, /and/ set raggedright? That wouldn't work, because Lilypond dies
once it encounters the code I gave above.

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8