Re: Generating LaTeX output

From: Ernesto Trajano de Lima
Subject: Re: Generating LaTeX output
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:47:39 -0300

On Mar 25, 2004, at 7:28 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Reading your question again, I realize that I was maybe too
patronizing in my answer. If you process the file with lilypond-bin
without any extra flags, you will get a file that can be processed
by LaTeX. However, I'm not sure why you would want such a file.
If you want to include it in another LaTeX document, you should
definitely take a look at the program lilypond-book, which lets
you include music scores within a LaTeX document, either with
inline LilyPond code or by refering to a separate file.

Thanks for the tip, Mats. My problem now is that I use pdflatex and LilyPond uses "pure" latex. The command "lilypond" recognizes a --pdftex flag, but "lilypond-book" doesn't. Is there a way to use pdflatex instead of "pure" latex? This is the error I get (after running lilypond-book and typesetting the modified latex source with pdflatex):

--
[23] (./lily-1018341799.tex
(/Users/etl/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lilypond/lilyponddefs.tex
(/Users/etl/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lilypond/feta20.tex)
(/Users/etl/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lilypond/lily-pdf-defs.tex)
\outputscale=\dimen121
\scoreshift=\dimen122
)
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ...n  76.6020 \outputscale \embeddedps
{ 0.0650 0.0650 2.5000 0.8...
l.168 }
       %
? h
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
--
I suppose the problem is the "\embeddedps" command. pdflatex doesn't know about it. Am I correct?

Cheers,
Ernesto.
--
Ernesto Trajano de Lima