vertical spacing of articulations and tuplet indications

From: Matthew Easton
Subject: vertical spacing of articulations and tuplet indications
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:50:18 -0800

I just started playing with Lilypond a few days ago and it's a gas. I find it
much more intuitive than Finale, which I've also recently spent some time
with.

A problem spacing articulations and triplet indications.  Not sure if this is
a bug report, a feature request, or a plea for assistance developing a tweak.
The case is a drum part with 2 "voices" on a single staff.  The "+" and "o"
of closed and open hi-hat, as well as manually added articulations are too
close vertically to the triplet number and brace.

Is there a way to manually adjust the height of the triplet or the
articulations?  Which should go on the outside?  I couldn't find an
unambiguous illustration of this in a published score at hand.

You can see an illustration at http://sublunar.com/example.png

Is it my imagination?  The 3rd triplet group in the first measure actually
seems to pull the "3" in closer to the beam compared to the first triplet
group.

In measure 2, I manually added articulations to the snare drum note.  I see
that with manual indications, the triplets behave exactly the same as with
the hi-hat.

Thanks for a great piece of software.