RE: lyrics distance one more time

From: Rob V
Subject: RE: lyrics distance one more time
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:47:51 -0500

David,

I think the problem is because starting a new lyric line starts a new verse,
which gets it's own line below the first.  I tried the same technique to move
this line second line around.  This file below should help.  I'll be able to
use these ideas to line up my lyrics better, too.

Rob

cue = \set fontSize = #-5
part = \set fontSize = #0

inv = {
     \override Staff.NoteHead  #'transparent = ##t
     \override Stem  #'transparent = ##t
     \override Accidental #'style = #'transparent
     \override Dots #'transparent = ##t
}

unv = {
    \override Staff.NoteHead  #'transparent = ##f
    \override Stem  #'transparent = ##f
    \override Accidental #'style = #'default
     \override Dots #'transparent = ##f
}

klef = \notes {
    \clef G
}
euc = \notes {\part \klef}

VoxCues = \notes \context Voice \relative c' {
    <<
        {
            <<

                    \context Voice = "VoxCue" {
                    \cue
                    \inv
                    c,,4 s8 c8 c4 b8 s \bar "||"
                    \unv
                    \euc
                }
                \lyricsto "VoxCue" \new Lyrics { \override LyricText
#'font-size = #-2
\lyrics {
                    These are just fine.

        \\
        {
            \override Voice.MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position = #0
            R1
        }

    s1
    <<
        {
            <<
                \context Voice = "VoxCue" {
                    \cue
                    \clef G
                    \autoBeamOff
                    \inv
                    d''2. d8 c
                    g'2 g,4 s
                    \unv
                    \autoBeamOn
                    \euc
                }
                \lyricsto "VoxCue" \new Lyrics { \override LyricText
#'font-size = #-2

%%%%%%%%%  Here's what I added  %%%%%%%%%%

                               \set minimumVerticalExtent = ##f
                               \set verticalExtent = #'(1 . 0)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\lyrics {
                    These are too low!

        \\
        {
            \override Voice.MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position = #0
            R1*3

instrument = \notes \context Voice \relative c' {

}

\score {
    \notes \relative c' {
        \time 4/4