Re: LaTeX and Lilypond

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: Re: LaTeX and Lilypond
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:04:10 +0100

Am Dienstag, 16. März 2004 17:21 schrieb Christian Datzko:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> a friend of mine has pointed out Lilypond to me and I think it's a
> wonderful program for typesetting music. I am right now working on a
> musicological paper for the University and want to include some music
> examples at best quality into the paper. Is it possible to either call
> Lilypond from within Latex (like through a Latex package)

Try lilypond-book; it lets you AFAIK write music into a "normal" tex-file.
It is included in the lilypond-package, for documantation try
man lilypond-book

>  or can I produce
> PDF files from Lilypond that have a bounding box set up already so that I
> can include the PDF file as graphics into my paper? Until now I used
> Capella (WHC Software, www.capella.de) to generate PNG files like the one
> attached and included those.

You could also try "lilypond --png" to get a png picture out of your file (OK
AFAIK the quality is not as brilliant as in the ps/pdf-output
(correct me! :-)), but maybe this is also an option for you.
(check "man lilypond" for more options)

> Thank you for your answer,
>
> Christian Datzko.

Best regards Jan

--
OpenPGP public key available:
http://home.arcor.de/jan.kohnert/gnupg_publickey.asc

Key-Fingerprint:
BA8E 11D1 FE7C 9353 7276 5375 486E 9BED 2B03 DF29