Re: add2 chords

From: Tiffany Weisman
Subject: Re: add2 chords
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:22:04 -0800 (PST)

The current set in Lilypond isn't bad by any means,
and yes there were some redundant chords in my list. I
was just trying to point out that there are different
"styles" of notating chords and Lilypond should try to
be inclusive. For example, Csus2/add3 and
Csus2/sus4/add3 are unwieldy, preferred is Cadd2 and
Cadd2/add4. It would be nice if we could specify what
extensions are "add", "sus", #, b. So you could type
C:sus2 or C:add2, instead of just C:2 giving Csus2
like it does now. Always choose the option that allows
more flexibility, is my recommendation. Some will cry
"redundant"!! But it is easier to please many people
with 80 default chords than to have 30 and force
everyone to do their own fixes.