acciaccatura, appoggiatura, flam, ruff

From: David Bobroff
Subject: acciaccatura, appoggiatura, flam, ruff
Date: 12 Mar 2004 18:04:21 +0000

Thanks for the \grace {skip} suggestion.  I haven't tried it yet.

Somewhat related to this thread:

I want to use the "slash" style grace without a slur.  I discovered in
the acciaccatura definition that this is done with some bit of scheme
which I don't remember at the moment but could find again.  What I would
like to be able to do, and have not figured out yet, is to use that
"slashed" style with beams.  I have some things in a score I'm working
on which are written like that.  Two, and even three notes beamed
together with a slash through the beam/stem.  No slur is involved.  How
to do this?

-David