Re: 2.1.25 Compile problems

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: 2.1.25 Compile problems
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:33:46 +0100

Am 23.02.2004 um 04:52 schrieb Walter Hofmeister:

Any ideas? I have upgraded the OS to 10.3.2 since my last build and suspect that this could be a problem but I have installed and re-installed all of the developers tools. Any other Mac users out there ever seen this before. I am not a programmer but I do recognize that malloc problems are funtions
to allocate memory. Does this look like an incomplete installation or a
problem with the source?

I've tried to install lily in the same way and I got the same results. 2.1.21 was the last version that I could install. I attach the output of gdb. The problem seems to lie in a file called gc.c (garbage collector?). I think MacOS X is less forgiving with double free()'s than linux is.

Christian
System: macos x 10.3.2