Re: bar letters

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: bar letters
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:23:50 -0700

Hans Forbrich wrote:

On Monday 16 February 2004 14:40, Paul Scott wrote:
Sometimes show music I work with has bar letters instead of bar numbers
for part of the score.  Is this possible with Lily or could it be?

Are you referring to Rehearsal Marks? They tend to be slightly larger than bar numbers and are often enclosed in a box or circle.
No. The parts for American musical theatre are often hand-written with many changes. Some of the bars have letters instead of numbers. You might even see 23A as an added bar. There might also be rehearsal letters as we know them.

Thanks for your reply,

Paul Scott