position of MultiMeasureRestNumber and width of MMR

From: Paul Scott
Subject: position of MultiMeasureRestNumber and width of MMR
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:32:14 -0700

With 2.1.21 (Debian unstable)

1. There now seems to be a minimum value for MultiMeasureRestNumber padding. I used to be able (2.1.14) to set the number right on the top staff line with a padding value of zero. Now I can't figure out how to do that or at least get the number closer to the staff.

2. Recently the minimum width (minimum-length property?) has gotten very small. In the attached example the number takes more horizontal than the distance between the bar lines for the MMR. This looks bad. A MMR should be (very) loosely proportional to the amount of time it takes. Setting minimum-length does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Paul Scott