multi-measure rest without a number?

From: chip
Subject: multi-measure rest without a number?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:26:17 -0800

I would like to be able to create a multi-measure rest and mark it as Free Time, no number of measures, preferably putting the text in the middle of the staff, not above or below it. I don't see this in the manual, and tried to put text above/below the staff of a regular multi-measure rest but it results in an error about lyric mode. I tried this -
\property Score.skipBars = ##t R1*2/markup { Free Time }
(also with a space before the /).
Anyway to do either the of the above (text inside the non-numbered multi-measure rest or attaching text to the multi-measure rest)?
--
Chip