Re: Install Problems

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: Install Problems
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:52:56 -0800

> Try the following:
>

> open a new Terminal window and type:
> fink reinstall fink
>
> (and press Return, of course)
> When that finishes, open FinkCommander, go to the Source menu and choose
> Selfupdate. After that, choose Update-all from the same menu.
>
> Hopefully then the correct packages will appear.
>
> David

David,
    I successfully executed the "fink reinstall fink" command from the
terminal but when I tried the "selfupdate" command, I got the following:

/usr/bin/su walterhofmeister -c 'cvs  -z3 update -d -P'
*** malloc: vm_allocate(size=1342177280) failed with 3
*** malloc[476]: error: Can't allocate region
cvs [update aborted]: can not reallocate 1342177280 bytes
### execution of /usr/bin/su failed, exit code 1
Failed: Updating using CVS failed. Check the error messages above.

This is the same output I got from both FinkCommander and Terminal.
Is it trying to write a virtual memory file 1.34 gig? The disk has 4.1 gig
of free space. Any ideas? Is something hosed?

Walter