Re: syntax colouring in SubEthaEdit (was "Re: First release of LilyPond

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: syntax colouring in SubEthaEdit (was "Re: First release of LilyPond tool for jEdit")
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:46:13 -0500

Howdy, Chip:

Does that run on FreeBSD?

The Coding Monkeys themselves have this to say (http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/faq.html):

[FAQ]
Any chance of a *nix or Windows version?

We've had quite a few request for this already. However we are relying heavily on the Cocoa Framework, including but not limited to Rendezvous, Addressbook and the some networking code. So real "porting" is out of question with Cocoa only available on Mac OS X and GNUStep being quite incomplete in the above mentioned fields.

We'd assume a complete rewrite for another platform without Cocoa would take at least 5 times the time it took to write it with Cocoa (which is 8 weeks), leaving beside the fact that none of us really knows or wants to develop with MFC, GTK and the like...

Sorry...  =\

Best regards,
Kieren.