Cygwin, Melody with chords

From: darius
Subject: Cygwin, Melody with chords
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:04:11 +0100

Hi everybody,

I just installed the latest stable cygwin-based lilypond,
and together with convert-ly, despite a few glitches here and
there - when  \grace is commented out, for instance - I must
say the transition went pretty well, even when dealing with
intricate piano scores.

It just seemed to fail on simple melody + chords stuff, claiming
there is a cmss7 font that cannot be found.

I removed all tfm and pk files, and it still did not work. Supposing
that there must have been a major difference between versions,
I tried to engrave the "melody-with-chords" sample that can be downloaded
from the lilypond web site, but the version of lilypond I've got
also failed to produce anything, still with the same error message.

I guess I must have done something wrong....

Any clue ?

Cheers,

Darius.