praise (and a sample)

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: praise (and a sample)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:42:39 -0500

Hey, everyone --

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say again how great I think Lilypond is, and pass on my thanks and kudos to the development team for their incredible work. I've never seen anything approaching the output that I get from Lilypond -- I'm totally confident that my music publishing needs will be fulfilled beyond my expectations using this great application.

To show off Lilypond (even though I'm preaching to the choir here!), here's a link to the first page of my "Upside-Down Rag", which is basically untweaked Lilypond output (beyond some text placement and tie adjustment done in Illustrator), and looks better than most recent "professional" publications I've compared it to (q.v., just about any Warner Bros. score, and even many of the most recent by "the old houses"):

      <http://216.138.213.106/kmac/music/scores/UpsideDownRag.pdf>

Beat that, Finale/Sibelius/Igor/whatever!!!  =)

With heartfelt thanks,
Kieren.

p.s. All my final engraved and printed files will include a colophon in which Lilypond will be conspicuously mentioned!