Re: Lyrics too far from notes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics too far from notes
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:43:46 +0100

The property setting means that the lyrics is typeset within a rectangle
that extends at least 3 units down (that's that -3) and 3 units up
elative to the baseline of the lyrics. This rectangle is then put next
to the rectangle where the stave is typeset (see Documentation ->
Program reference ->Translation -> Contexts -> Staff for information on
the smallest size of that rectangle). So, if you want the lyrics closer
to the staves, you can decrease the verticalExtent in the both the
Staff context and the LyricsVoice context (note that your setting
actually increases the spacing compared to the default).

   /Mats

Carl Youngblood wrote:
I have some little sections of lyrics that I want to display above and below the normal SATB staves just for occasional parts that split. Right now they are showing up way too far away from the notes. Could someone please explain how to fix this? I would like to be able to tweak each piece of lyrics on an individual basis if possible. I've tried the suggested minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-3 . 3) but this doesn't make much of a difference and I can't figure out how to make it more drastic. What do the -3 and 3 mean?

Thanks,
Carl

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing