How to center an instrument name between two clefs

From: Carl Youngblood
Subject: How to center an instrument name between two clefs
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:18:45 -0700

I'm trying to center the piano's instrument name between the bass and treble clefs, but I'm having trouble. Here is my code:

            \context PianoStaff
            <<
                \context Staff=up \context Voice
                {
                    \property Staff.instrument = \markup
                    {
\column < \right-align "Organ " { \right-align "(Piano) " } >
                    }

This works fine but the instrument name is centered on the treble clef. When I try to do:

            \context PianoStaff
            \property Staff.instrument = \markup
            {
\column < \right-align "Organ " { \right-align "(Piano) " } >
            }
            <<
                \context Staff=up \context Voice
                {

I get a the instrument name in front of a third phantom clef. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl