Re: Rhythm slashes instead of notes

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Rhythm slashes instead of notes
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:17:15 -0700

Nick Busigin wrote:

Is there a way of placing rhythm marks (slashes) on a staff instead of
notes?  There is a bar in one of my lead sheets where there is no
melody, but there are some chords shown as names above the staff. I'd
like to have slashes on the staff itself under the chord names to show
the rhythm.

Amelie Zapf provided this but:

1. The part that sets the stem length to zero doesn't work.

2. Now in version 2.1.5 the slashes are too small.  They were fine in 2.1.2.

sl = {
         \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'style = #'slash
         \property Voice.Stem \override #'length = #0
}
nsl = {
        \property Voice.NoteHead \revert #'style
        \property Voice.Stem \revert #'length }

The intention is to put \sl before notes to be changed to slashes and \nsl to reset this condition. I will research this further and file a bug report if relevant.

Paul Scott