ties, slurs, phrasing slurs

From: Richard Lyons
Subject: ties, slurs, phrasing slurs
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:17:56 +0100

Another small problem.

I have a tie in a phrasing slur.  Unfortunately the tie crosses a new
time signature, so lilypond drops it.  I put a slur instead, but the
slur crashes through the phrasing slur.  I think I should be able to
flatten the slur, but my best guess,
   \once \property Voice.Slur \set #'beautiful = #'0.5
has no effect at all (regardless of the number between 0.5 and 5 that I
try).  I have moved the slur closer to the notes, and could separate
the slur and phrasing slur by vertical adjustment, but really the slur
should be flatter and the phrasing slur deeper.  It seems there is no
way to adjust the parameters of the phrasing slur (Phrasing slur
phrasingSlur etc are all not grob names either), so I cannot make it
deeper.

Anyone sorted this out?

TIA

--