Re: adjusting measure width and/or minimum measure width

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: adjusting measure width and/or minimum measure width
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:56:28 +0100

The spacing calcluations in LilyPond are quite complex, which hopefully
results in a nicer looking default layout than most other programs.
Some parameters that can be modified are described in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Horizontal-spacing.html
However, you could also take a look at the followups to the following mail http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-02/msg00000.html
in the mailing list archive for some quick and dirty solutions.

   /Mats

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
[ Mac OS X 10.2.8;  Lilypond 2.0.1 ]

Hello, all:

Inspired by Mats's "use Lilypond's extra-offset" suggestion, I am hoping to do as many manual adjustments in the .ly file as possible, and am wondering where the limits are...

One question that comes to mind immediately is whether I can force a measure to be of a certain width -- or at least a minimum width -- and have Lilypond proportionally adjust all the other measures in that system.

Thanks,
Kieren.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing