Re: Staffgroup question

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Staffgroup question
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:31:59 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> It's related to how \addlyrics works when connecting syllables to
> the music. If the property is set to true (which is the default, so
> the setting in the template file is not necessary),

This explains why I've never seen any effect from removing it ;)

> then you will only get a single syllable for each slur, i.e. each
> slur is interpreted as a melisma. If the property is set to false,
> then you get one syllable for each note, no matter if they are
> slurred or not.

Ah.  OK.

So if I have several verses (using, e.g., \repeat volta) and I want to
connect syllables differently in the different verses, this is
something I could use?  Cool!

>> you might want to call your context "tenors" or something, but more
>> importantly you probably want to say \clef "treble_8".
>
> Yes, but there are different conventions for notating tenor parts.

Sure.  But using \clef "treble_8" shows you right away that you *are*
notating a tenor part.  Lose the _8, and you lose information (or
redundancy).

--

Arvid