Removing a MIDI track

From: Joel Ray Holveck
Subject: Removing a MIDI track
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:14:17 -0800

I'm trying to remove a ChordNames track from the MIDI output, ie,
prevent it from being played.  I do still want it engraved, but
silent.  So far, I've been trying to set the volume to 0 or some
epsilon small enough to not be heard, but the track comes through loud
and clear when I play it with Timidity:

\score {
    \notes <<
        \new ChordNames \chords {
            \tempo 4=120
            \property ChordNames.dynamicAbsoluteVolumeFunction = #(lambda args
0.0001)
            \property ChordNames.instrumentEqualizer =  #(lambda args 0.0001)
            \property ChordNames.midiMinimumVolume = #0.0
            \property ChordNames.midiMaximumVolume = #0.0001
            %\remove "Staff_performer"
            d1 a cis:m g:9
            \bar "||"
            % Verse
            d a
        }
        % The staves are here, but removed for brevity.

    \midi { \tempo 4=120 }
    \paper {
        \translator { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }

I'm trying to do this because the chords are a useful reference when
studying the music, but are not part of the music as performed, and
distract from the actual performance.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,
joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - address@hidden