PianoStaff forced-distance adjustment

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: PianoStaff forced-distance adjustment
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:18:40 -0500

Hello, all!

I've continued on my merry way, engraving my "Parachute Rag", but have run into the following problem...

My PianoStaff will need to be of varying separation distances, to handle different issues. However, reading the documentation, I'm worried that I might mess up the cross-staff beaming and such (which I will need later in the piece, but haven't hit yet) if I use GrandStaff instead.

If I can adjust the PianoStaff separation distance on a per-line basis (e.g., after a \break, with a \once \property Staff.VerticalAlignment \set... command) without negatively affecting the cool piano-y things that PianoStaff does, I would love to know how (since my code, above, did not seem to have an effect).

Any clarification on what would be best would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Kieren.