Re: piano_reduction & grand_score

From: neuro
Subject: Re: piano_reduction & grand_score
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:42:01 -0700

Yes, It works :)  Thank Mats very much !-)
But, I have 2 more questions.

(
I have to put the part notes on the same grand_score.ly or
pian_reduction.ly, with small modification of disabling the
% \property Staff.transposing = #-number
in the piano_reduction.ly when there is
\transpose c' f  \hornpart
, for the midi output seemed to be deviated with Staff.transposing property
)

My next questions are:

1) If I separate the orchestral parts in various files like
horn.ly , clarinet.ly , flute.ly , ...
how do I call them in the grans_score.ly and piano_reductin.ly ?
Do they go like the files I showed appended here ?

2) How to make a \break of the
\property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"
that, instead of showing
" Horn in F ",
it shows
" Horn
in F "
( Is this to be written at grand_score.ly , instead of horn.ly ? )

Thank you very much , again :)

Neuro

=== files appended ===

# cat piano_reduction.ly
%%%%% Piano reduction
\version "2.0.1"
\header { }

% Q1: Are these right ?
%
\include horn.ly
\include clarinet.ly
% \ include xxx.ly ...etc

\score { \notes{
\new PianoStaff<<

  \new Staff <<
    \transpose c' bf  \clarinetone \\
    \transpose c' bf  \clarinettwo

  \new Staff \transpose c' f  \hornpart

}

\paper {}
\midi { \tempo 4 = 80 }
}
%%% end of piano_reduction.ly

===

# cat grand_score.ly
%%%%% Grand Score
\version "2.0.1"
\header { }

% Q1 : Is this right ?
%
\include horn.ly
\include clarinet.ly
% \ include xxx.ly ...etc

\score { \notes{
\new GrandStaff<<
  \new Staff {

% Q2-1 : How to make here "Horn" \break "in F" ?
%
    \property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"
    \hornpart
  }

  \new Staff <<
    \property Staff.instrument = \markup{ Clarinetti in B \musicglyph
#"accidentals--2" }
    \clarinetone \\
    \clarinettwo

}

\paper {}
\midi { \tempo 4 = 80 }
}
%%% end of grand_score.ly

===
while horn.ly , or xxx.ly , would be like this:

# cat horn.ly
hornpart = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "french horn"

% Q2-2 : Or here, how to make here "Horn" \break "in F" ?
%
\property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"

\property Staff.transposing = #-7
% No \property Staff.transposing = #-7 % for piano_reduction.ly

\time 4/4
\key af \major
\clef treble

%\clef bass % for piano_reduction.ly

af'1
}
%%% end of horn.ly

===

Thank you very much

by the way, my little experiments are located here :
http://neuro.ohbi.net/neuro/lilypond/wagner/lab/grand_score.ly
http://neuro.ohbi.net/neuro/lilypond/wagner/lab/grand_score.ps
http://neuro.ohbi.net/neuro/lilypond/wagner/lab/grand_score.pdf
http://neuro.ohbi.net/neuro/lilypond/wagner/lab/grand_score.midi