MIDI Tempo Off...Everywhere

From: Will Oram
Subject: MIDI Tempo Off...Everywhere
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:11:23 -0400

After reading the history of this list, I'm aware that Mac OS X doesn't much care for MIDI tempi set in \midi { }. All pieces are set to a universal tempo, either 4 = 120 or around that.

So I shrugged that off and submitted my finished .ly files to Mutopia Project, hoping the administrator's Windows compiler might process the tempi correctly. Unfortunately, when I saw my stuff on Mutopia, the tempi were just as off as on my computer!

Check out the problem here: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=356 Listen to the MIDI; it's dead slow. Perhaps something is misplaced in the .ly file that makes any computer ignore my tempi?

Thanks.