Re: Extra staves

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Extra staves
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:59:27 +0100

Hi,
Further to what I posted earlier, I have tried the following which is my
best attempt at a neat "hanging" second staff for a temporary staff:

-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------
8<--
\score {
        \notes {
                \context Staff = One { c4 d e f }
                <<
                        {c d e f c d e f}
                        \context SubStaff = Two { c4 d e f c d e f}

                c d e f
        }
        \paper {
                raggedright = ##t
                \translator {
                        \ScoreContext
                        \consists Span_bar_engraver
                        \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
                }
                \translator {
                        \type "Engraver_group_engraver"
                        \name "SubStaff"
                        \remove "Clef_engraver"
-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------
8<--

I'm trying to remove the clef from the second stave by creating a new
context that removes the respective engravers.
I get an error though:

Interpreting music...warning: can't find or create `SubStaff' called `Two'
lilypond-bin: event-chord-iterator.cc:27: virtual Translator_group*
Event_chord_iterator::get_req_translator(): Assertion `report_to ()' failed.

lilypond: error: LilyPond crashed (signal 6).

Have I misunderstood the translator syntax or is there a bug?

Cheers,
Ralph

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/contact_index.asp. and clicking on the print
friendly link. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this message.  Thank you.