Re: efficient score and part production

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: efficient score and part production
Date: 14 Oct 2003 06:55:45 +0200

yeah this is sorta what I had in mind with the thread conditional text
et al.

One thing I have seen and it is really amazing are work arounds of
people that eventually become features.

I would hope that this continues, repeats in their present form are a
bugaboo for lilypond newbies, and the D.C. and D.S. but wow relative
mode has changed and so many other things as well.

Little by little and sometimes big by big lilypond is maturing.

I would hope that these 'efficiency' ideas end up finding their way into
the documentation.

A different topic all together is a way to mine the information from the
users group and turn it into frequently asked questions.

I saw such a thing for another project but don't remember which.
back to the topic

As a nonprogrammer it seems to me that there is a gap here between
programmers and nonprogrammers.

Much of it is a mindset, but some of it are real programming issues.
There are a lot of things that on my own I would never have thought of
when it comes to efficiency issues, but these come naturally to a
programmers mind.

treating blocks of notation as code and making loops and other such
things sorta twists the mind of a finale convert to lilypond.

I am not talking about templates here but, logical extensions thereof.

It seems that with some notation projects it may be possible to cutout a
lot of typing indeed.

Also much of what I have gleaned in this area has come from this mailing
list and would venture to say that it is a fantastic resourse!!

Aaron