trouble with LaTeX package "doublespace"

From: Joshua Haberman
Subject: trouble with LaTeX package "doublespace"
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:58:32 -0700

lilypond-book works as expected on this LaTeX file:

-----

\documentclass{article}
%%\usepackage{doublespace}

\begin{document}

\begin{figure}
\begin{lilypond}
c'
\end{lilypond}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

-----

If I uncomment "\usepackage{doublespace}" though, I get the attached
DVI.  Basically, everything is squished together vertically.  Enabling
the double spacing *does* produce correct results if the lilypond
section is not inside a figure.

I have gotten this result using the official Debian packages of lilypond
1.8.1, as well as the 2.0.1 package posted by Pedro Kroger.

Any ideas?  Please cc: me, I am not subscribed.

Josh