some beginner's questions

From: Jost Schenck
Subject: some beginner's questions
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:27:40 +0200

Hi,
I have some questions on which I could not find answers in the documentation
nor in the mailing list archives. I hope somebody can help me! If I
overlooked something, forgive me.

- I have to change the clef in the lower Staff of a PianoStaff from treble to
clef, at the end of a bar. This leads to an ugly space in the upper staff. Is
there some way of correcting this by hand? (see snip1.ly for example)

- I have the impression the "cresc." when doing a crescendo with the \cresc
\endcresc keywords is always placed too much to the right: in the attached
snip2.ly I understand crescendo should start on the first note. Lilypond
positions it on the second -- is this intended; if not, how can I correct
this by hand?

- I have a PianoStaff whose upper Staff starts with a grace note. Upper staff
begins with a \clef treble statement, lower staff with a \clef bass
statement. Lilypond prints a treble clef in lower staff first, and then
directly after that a small bass clef. If I remove the grace note in the
upper staff, everything works fine. (see snip3.ly for example)

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Jost.