notation project maintainence

From: Aaron
Subject: notation project maintainence
Date: 29 Sep 2003 18:38:05 +0300

Hi all,
I just am bouncing back from a major computer crash. This distroyed a
large amount of my work...

Anyways I am now forced to install 2.0 and will see shortly what that
does to my life..

My question is this.

I need a way to collaborate on a book I am writing. It contains text, in
both hebrew and english, notated songs with and without words and
possibly some graphics.

I am using linux and my coauthor is using windows XP. We need a way of
handeling lilypond files both seperately and jointly and avoiding total
chaos.

Additionally I must use vim because it supports hebrew in a much more
logical way than does emacs.

My coauthor can't type and wants a graphical interface, and or a way to
input using midi.

My main concern now is versioning and project management.
Has anyone out there had experience with this kind of thing and could
they recommend an application, methodology or structure for this
project??

Thanks
Aaron