Re: installing without Internet

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: installing without Internet
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:08:35 +0200

Isokoski Jaakko writes:

> Hello,
>
> How could I install Lilypond at home? No Internet connection, but at
> work yes and I´ve got burnging cdrom to use.

Assuming you are using Windows, this is not really a LilyPond
question, but rather a Cygwin (http://cygwin.com question.)

Easiest is to setup Cygwin including LilyPond (and other packages you
may want) on the computer that has the internet connection, and then
burn setup.exe, setup.ini and all packages to the cdrom.

Save http://cygwin.com/setup.exe in a new directory, for example

    C:\tmp\lily\setup.exe

After running setup and installing, there should be a local mirror directory:

    C:\tmp\lily\ftp%3a%2f%2f<your mirror>, or
    C:\tmp\lily\http%3a%2f%2f<your mirror>

Then, burn everything in C:\tmp\lily to the CD.  At home, run
setup.exe and choose to install 'from local directory'.

[Of course, if you know how to make a full mirror, you could do that
 without installing Cygwin on the net connected computer]

See also:

    http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC21

Hope that helps.
Greetings,