Re: strange conversion

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: strange conversion
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:30:48 -0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:59:11 +0200
ario <address@hidden> wrote:
> So I wanted to convert a file, which has the statement
> \version "1.6.10" in it, using

-snip-

> \version "1.7.28"
>
> How come???

There were no syntax changes between version 1.7.28 and 1.8.0, so
LilyPond merely printed the number of the version for the last change
it made.

That said, it might be nicer if it printed the number of its current
version to avoid this confusion.  I can't think of any downside to
changing that behaviour, but I'll need to check with Han and/or Jan.

Cheers,
- Graham