Re: Debian (Woody) packages for Lilypond 1.9.6

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: Debian (Woody) packages for Lilypond 1.9.6
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:29:45 +0200

Now that I have some more time, let me elaborate a bit...

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Imagemagick is needed.

As a build dependency, which is missing.

>> autotrace 0.29 is enough.
>
> 0.30 is necessary for mftrace. 0.29 works but crashes sometimes.

I thought the mftrace dependency was artifical, since I
never had any problems.  Since it is also a Build-dep only,
I probably will not compile autotrace.

>> texinfo 4.1 is enough.
>
> 4.1 will fill your HD with 200 copies of music-glossary.info.

Wow, that really seems excessive.  Never noticed, since they
are all different.  I already compiled Texinfo, but did not
install though.  If so, maybe configure should be thought to
complain and do not build the docs.  Likewise for autotrace.

>> g++ 2.95 is enough.
>
> We had many hard-to-trace coredump problems with this GCC version.

Can it be a reason for the multitude of documentation
errors?  I never experienced core dumps.  But did not test
the build either...

Thanks for the info, I can see better now...

Feri.