Re: Awkward Slur

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Awkward Slur
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:54:24 -0700

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:46:26 -0400
Will Oram <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://www.foxchange.com/~spamguy/misc_pictures/slursegment.jpg
>
> What's the best way to fix this? Ideally I'd like to make the slur
> bulge more and have the right end closer to the c4. I've looked through
> the documentation at
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v1.8/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-
> internals/Slur.html , but didn't get much out of it. control-points
> looks important, but I have no way of knowing what to do with it.

I don't understand slurs either, but I'd just copy and paste that
section a whole bunch of times, then tweak lots of slur properties
and look at the results.  Here's the options that I think you should
play with first:

attachment-offset
beautiful
slope-limit
height-limit
ratio

control-points probably _would_ do it, but it looks as though you need
to know quite a bit about how LilyPond's slur algorithms work in order
to use it.  IMO it's much easier to try setting #'beautiful to 0.01,
0.5, 1.5, 5.0, and 10.0.  :)

HTH,
- Graham