Re: Newbie question

From: Ricardo Kirkner
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:14:45 -0300

Thank you for your quick answer

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:41:53 -0300
> Ricardo Kirkner <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 1- How do you tell lilypond to typeset all brackets of equal lenghts
> > (or at least not each bracket out of two on a different lenght).
>
> I don't know what you mean by this.  Could you give an example?

I that lily prints something like this (in ascii)

| some notes | == 1 bracket

|     | |       |    |            |   |       |

but I would like to get something more like this

|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |

or at least something like this

|      |      |      |          |      |      |      |

I hope this clarifies (at least a little) what I meant

> > 2- How do you put some words before the Staff and get no errors in the
> > process (i have tried to use the instrument property, but then lily
> > claims the word is not an instrument - in this case Soprano, for
> > example)
>
> Do you mean "how do you name an instrument"?  I'm sure that's covered
> in the manual or examples, but here it is:
>
> \property Staff.instrument = #"foo"

I have tried exactly that, but when I compile I get warnings about foo not
being an instrument. I know it's just a warning, but I was wondering if it
there is another way of doing this that doesn't produce warnings.

thanks anyway

ricardo