documentation

From: Aaron
Subject: documentation
Date: 17 Sep 2003 10:01:14 +0300

Hi, I have been using the docs and find some places to be to
abbreviated.

The cheat sheet is one. It seems to be geared only to those who know
lilypond already.
 I have friends who I am trying to win over to lilypond, but they keep
telling me its to complicated.

an example to illustrate:

-( -) slur

would be much clearer for a newbie if it had notes attached to it.
c4-( d4 e4-)

and it doesn't take up much more room.

This hit me when I was reading the lilypond-book docs.

where it lists the options but doesnt show a code snipet and its output.

specifically
indent=sizeunit
which when I put it in my latex file indented the lilypond and printed
the words indent=sizeunit infront of the score. An example would have
helped me.

This is not to be viewed as a complaint because truthfully to lilypond
documentation is very high quality.
Thanks
Aaron