Re: slightly OT question about midi rendering

From: Terje Tjervaag
Subject: Re: slightly OT question about midi rendering
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:47:57 +0200

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:14:46 -0400
Lucas Gonze <address@hidden> wrote:
Of course there are a bazillion software sequencers, but none of them
meet the need.  They're either bloated GUI tools, non-OS X, or
pre-alpha dreamware.  All I need is a MIDI renderer that respects tempo
instructions, so that I can check my work without leaving Emacs.

I don't know if this works in OSX or not, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't;
have you tried timidity++?  That's what I use to check my scores on Linux.

----

I have had the same problem, midi tempo is not respected. However, this is only with respect to midi files produced from lilypond. All other midi files play fine in Quicktime player. Lilypond midi files revert to some kind of standard (most of the time too slow) tempo. Please let me know if I can help troubleshoot this somehow, it's quite annoying.

Best,
Terje

Last ned nye MSN Messenger 6.0 gratis http://www.msn.no/computing/messenger - Den korteste veien mellom deg og dine venner